Engineering has definitely been one of the most in-demand courses in the past few decades. Out of all the various engineering streams, computer science engineering is invariably one of the most sought after ones. This is because the careers after engineering in CSE are numerous including the private sector and public sector job opportunities.
Can I get a government job after B.Tech CSE?
In today’s blog, we will discuss the top 5 government careers after engineering in the computer science stream.
Yes, in fact, CSE along with civil and electrical engineering are the top 3 engineering streams that government bodies hire for. Government departments and bodies such as ISRO, ONGC, DRDO, BARC, NIC, ECIL, etc., recruit computer science engineers frequently.
Which government job is best after BTech CSE?
So, if you have done or are planning to get into a B.Tech CSE course and get a government job afterwards, then it is quite possible.
How can I get a job in ISRO after BTech in CSE?
- Database manager
- Network engineer
- IT support specialist
- Network administrator
- IT technician
- Application and website developer
- Computer systems analyst
- Cybersecurity specialist
- Indian Railway under Signal Section
- Bharat Heavy Electronics Ltd
- ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited)
- HPCL (Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited)
- ECIL (Electronic Corporation of India Limited)
- AAI (Airport Authority of India)
- DRDO (Defense Research and Development Organization)
- IOCL (Indian Oil Corporation Limited)
- BSNL (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited)
- SAIL (Steel Authority of India)
- C-DAC (Center for Development of Advanced Computing)
- ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization)
- IB DCIO (Intelligence Bureau)
- RRB (Railway Recruitment Board)
- Government departments and authorities that recruit CSE specialists are:
- Specialist officer in top Indian Banks such as RBI, PNB, SIDBI, IBPS, SBI, NABARD, SEBI, etc.
- Teacher in Kendriya Vidyalaya and other teaching job options through central and state examinations (A Computer Science Engineer doesn’t need to have a B.Ed. degree to appear for the KVS teaching examination, just a ).
- Also, various government departments such as cybercrime, DMRC, etc., hire computer science engineers.
ISRO is one of the most popular choices when it comes to various careers after engineering. ISRO often recruits engineers from several streams including computer science, electronics, electrical, civil, mechanical, etc.
Here are the eligibility criteria to become an ISRO engineer or scientist:
ISRO CSE scientist examination has 2 stages:
- First class B. Tech degree in Computer Science streams with aggregate minimum marks of 65 per cent or a CGPA of at least 6.84.
- The candidate should be not more than 35 years of age.
Is Computer Science Engineering a good career?
- A written test is the first screening stage whose marks are not considered for final selection, it is conducted just to select employees for an interview.
- The 2nd stage is the interview based on which final selection is made.
Yes, in fact, it is one of the best careers after engineering due to high demand, better salaries, and decent work-life balance. While the starting salary of a computer science engineer in India is INR 4-8 lakhs, it can go up to 20 Lakhs per annum in just 2-3 years.
B.Tech in Computer Science for Successful Careers After Engineering
India has one of the world's largest technical workforces. In recent years, India's software business has grown at a breakneck pace. Both in India and abroad, there is a high need for computer science engineers. For computer science engineering students, the job market is quite robust, with prospects in technical as well as non-IT firms. These students are employed by non-IT companies in addition to traditional IT careers. There are job openings at universities, private and public firms, research, the manufacturing sector, and commercial and business groups.
Tech firms, both giant companies as well as startups, are desperate for skilled individuals with a four-year computer science degree. A certificate from a 10 week-long boot camp or an online course comes nowhere equal to what a degree in computer science has in store for you. You do not leave with the same core grasp of computer science, programming, networking, and so forth.
Sure, you can complete a 12-week boot camp and become a competent application developer or web designer, but boot camps are not the way to make successful careers after engineering in top companies such as Google, Amazon, Apple, Spotify, etc.
Job Options in Careers After Engineering
Build Successful Careers After Engineering With ITM
- Web Designer
- App Developer
- Database Management Systems Engineer (DBMS)
- QA Engineer
- QA Test Lead
- Computer Hardware Engineer
- Project Manager
- Data Warehouse Analyst
- Tech Support and Repair
- Computer Network Architect
- System Database Administrator
- Computer Programmer
- Computer Systems Analyst
- PCB Designer
- Research Analyst
- Computer Operator
ITM provides various engineering courses that you can choose as per your interests and passion. Our B.Tech in Computer Science is designed to incorporate programming and designing skills in our students to make them ready for the industry demands. Along with foundational academic and practical knowledge, we organize design hackathons, coding workshops, open online courses, career profiling, etc. ITM proudly claims to provide 100% placement support to our students.
Our world-class infrastructure includes manufacturing and coding laboratories to teach nuances of programming and prototype projects. The engineering faculty at ITM hails from the top reputed institutions offering a perfect blend of knowledge, expertise, and experience. At ITM, we also focus on interpersonal and employability skills to make our students the best version of themselves.