What’s the difference between BA LLb & BBA LLB?
The legal field is becoming increasingly prominent and well-known. Over the last few years, an increasing number of students have been vying for admission to one of the country's top law schools. The most popular courses in this field are B.A. LL.B (Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Law) and BBA LLB (Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Laws). Students are frequently perplexed by the differences between these integrated legal programs and have difficulty selecting which is the better law course for them.
Though the BBA LLB and BA LLB degrees are closely related, they are significantly distinct in terms of curriculum and job options. Since both these law courses are in high demand, students are often torn between the two. Let us closely look at both of these degrees.
What is BA LLB? The BA Bachelor of Legislative Law (BA LLB) is a bachelor's degree program. The BA LLB is a five-year integrated course that includes an interdisciplinary study of Arts stream disciplines including Sociology, History, and others, as well as a legal study of legislation. Civil, corporate, patent, labor, international, and administrative are only a few of the BA LLB disciplines. Furthermore, because it is a unique multidisciplinary degree, institutions have designed it to include a balanced mix of classroom learning, mock court drills, case studies, research work, and internships, among other things.
What is BBA LLB?
- The BBA LLB - Full Form (Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Legislative Law) degree is a combined course that provides candidates with a professional degree upon completion.
- A BBA LLB degree lasts for five years.
- Candidates are taught education through a variety of methodologies, including study room teaching, case studies, and moot courts, as part of an integrated BBA LLB course.
Key Differences Between BBA LLB and BA LLB
- (BBA LLB) is a dual-degree program that is integrated.
- The Bachelor of Arts - BA LLB program is an integrated degree that students can pursue immediately after passing their Class 12 exams. This degree is a five-year program that integrates Arts and legal topics.
Before thinking about starting your university life at a reputable college in the country, it's a good idea to double-check that you meet all of the eligibility criteria.
BBA LLB You are expected to pass your HSC exam with a minimum of 50 percent overall or even a higher aggregate score. You could be from any stream, science, commerce, or arts.
BA LLB Aspirants to the BA LLB program must complete their 10+2 exams with a minimum of 55 percent overall, with English as one of the subjects.
Some popular entrance exams for BA LLB admissions are given below:
- Common-Law Admission Test (CLAT)
- All India Law Entrance Test (AILET)
- Law School Admission Test (LSAT)
- All India Bar Exam (AIBE)
- Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET)
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Common Entrance Test (BVP CET)
- Delhi University Law Entrance Examination
- Aligarh Muslim University Law Entrance Examination
- Banaras Hindu University Undergraduate Entrance Test (BHU UET)
- Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MH CET)
Here are a few popular entrance exams for BBA LLB admissions:
- BVP CET
- MH CET
Subjects B.A. LLB:
- India's ancient history, medieval history, and post-independence history are all covered.
- a strong command of the English language and the ability to communicate effectively
- Political Science.
- Legal Topics: Tort, contract, criminal, family, and media law.
- Business studies
- Comprehensive English and Communication Skill
- Tort, contract, and criminal law
As a result, the BA LLB course combines arts and law, whereas the BBA LLB course combines management and business with law. A person can focus on accounting, taxation, and other subjects in BA LLB, however in BBA LLB, the individual can focus on corporate matters, mergers, and acquisitions.
Scope The BBA LLB program offers a wide range of job opportunities both inside and outside India.
Graduates of this BBA concentration can work as
- product specialists
- development executives
- and in a variety of other roles in international corporations.
After completing your BA, you will be able to pursue a new graduate degree. LLB is a popular option because it prepares them for the various challenges they may face in the profession. This course gives new graduates an advantage over other college students because, unlike the conventional LLB path, the scholars not only learn about the legal system, but they also get an opportunity to learn about the corporate sector.
E) Colleges to opt for these courses?
Among many colleges providing the mentioned courses, the following are some of the best places to get your degree.
- ITM group of institutions- BBA LLB Integrated course, Raipur. They offer a 5 year-long integrated BBA LLB course exclusively.
- International School of Business and Research - [ISBR Business School], Bangalore (ISBR), Bangalore.
- Brainware University (BU), Kolkata
- Maharishi University of Information Technology (MUIT), Noida
- Adamas University, Kolkata
- Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University - (MJRP), Jaipur Geeta Institute of Law (GIL), Panipat
- Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), Gandhinagar
- O.P. Jindal Global University - JGU, Sonepat
- National Law University (NLU), Jodhpur
F) Career Opportunities
- Students who obtain a BA LLB or a BBA LLB usually have the same employment opportunities as those who complete a BA LLB or a BBA LLB.
- Whether a student has a BA LLB or a BBA LLB degree, they can pursue similar careers in the industry.
- Only if students with these degrees want to pursue other professions such as business or the humanities, can their employment possibilities change.
- The following are some of the most common job opportunities for students who have completed an integrated study.
- Public Prosecutor
- Policy researcher
- Legal Advisor
- Assistant Advisor
- Company Secretary
- Attorney General
- Legal Reporter
- District Judge
- Sessions Judge
Both of these above-included degree courses preserve top national and international firms and provide you with equal career growth chances and excellent pay. Each of the offered courses in the BA LLB and BBA LLB degrees has its own relevance in terms of a particular area of specialty. Only the correct course as well as an institution selection will aid in the formation of a student's successful professional path.